2.22.2014

Well doggone

So, fun fact, I volunteer at an animal shelter. An amazing, wonderful, caring animal shelter by the name of Great Plains SPCA. A week ago, I adopted a dog named Anya who was a puppy mill dog. She was terrified of everyone and everything and unfortunately a day later ran away and we've yet to run into her.

My wonderful friend and fellow blogger Lauren went and reported her missing to one shelter, I took care of the other local ones and posted her picture in a few lost dog facebook pages, but no luck. I went the other day in order to take some pictures of some dogs without photos yet and the cats that were in intake, and I somehow left with a friend of Anya's.

We're supposed to take her out to help us find Anya, but we've had no luck thus far. However, Belinda the Beagle is a wonderful dog and she has taken to us very quickly. She's housebroken, but she's very anxious and doesn't like being left at home alone.


Tell me this wouldn't make your day. If Anya shows, I suppose I have two dogs and Belinda can help socialize the other! I'm still not holding my breath. I don't think that a dog that doesn't want to be found... will be found. 

I also got to take pictures of the cutest sweetest kittens!



They had just gotten fixed and the anesthesia was wearing off. Excuse their looks of complete discontent. Soon though they'll be able to be adopted and I'm so excited! The shelter lets families donate money towards naming the animals which I think is the absolute cutest.  

The opportunity there is immense and it fills my heart with so much joy getting to spend time with these animals. And if you have wanted to see the cutest picture ever, here it goes.


2 comments:

  1. Also, you photo of Belinda reminds me of this:

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/152278031124604061/

    ReplyDelete